Giovanni Pernice will not return to Strictly Come Dancing amid workplace ‘misconduct’ investigation, BBC announces

0
0


Giovanni Pernice will not be returning to Strictly Come Dancing, the BBC has confirmed.

The list of professional dancers appearing in next season was announced on Monday, but Giovanni’s name was not included after it was revealed he was under investigation for “misconduct” in the workplace.

of BBC The investigation was launched after the 33-year-old dancer was accused of “threatening and abusive behaviour” while performing with the show’s celebrity contestants, including Amanda Abbington. Ranvir Singh and Laura Whitmore.

last Week a Male celebrities have reportedly joined the group of women complaining about Giovanni’s behaviour.

It was also said that a professional dancer required three months of treatment after appearing on the show with Giovanni.

The BBC announced the full professional cast in a statement on Monday, confirming that Giovanni Pernice will not be returning to Strictly Come Dancing.

The BBC announced the full professional cast in a statement on Monday, confirming that Giovanni Pernice will not be returning to Strictly Come Dancing.

Sun It said a fellow dancer, who has not been named, suffered “significant emotional distress” during the show and sought professional help.

A source told the paper: “One dancer on the show found it so traumatic that she sought professional help. The show is totally different to anything else on TV. The pressure on the contestants is huge and should not be underestimated.”

However, Giovanni’s demanding attitude behind the scenes made things worse and caused her great emotional distress.

“They were very upset by what happened and needed counselling to recover from the damage.”

Three women, including actress Amanda, have hired £700-an-hour lawyers from leading London law firm Carter Luck to pursue their case against Giovanni and the BBC.

And in the latest development in the bitter legal battle, an unnamed male star who worked with Giovanni during his time on the show has reportedly spoken out about his experience to the law firm.

“After the three women came forward, a man has now joined in. He has personally reached out to the women at the centre of this crisis to offer his help and full support,” the source said. Sun.

“He also reached out to Carter Luck to share what he knew and share his experiences, which at times have been very difficult.”

The BBC launched an investigation after the 33-year-old dancer was accused of

The BBC launched an investigation after the 33-year-old dancer was accused of “threatening and abusive behaviour” during his time working with the show’s celebrity contestants, including Amanda Abbington (pictured), Ranvir Singh and Laura Whitmore.

Giovanni has fired back by hiring rival law firm Schillings Inc. His case is being handled by Joel Rich, 39, who represented Johnny Depp in his 2020 libel trial.

A spokesman for Giovanni told the paper: “Mr Schillings is in discussions with BBC Studios to provide evidence for Mr Giovanni to strongly refute the allegations against him and to ensure that he is cooperating fully.”

“As with any reality TV show, when decisions are made for entertainment purposes, producers have a duty of care to all participants.”

It was previously reported that rehearsal tapes between Amanda and Giovanni would not be released to her as she had requested the tapes to prove her bullying claims.

Amanda was told she could not give the tape to him because it contained not only her but also a third party, Giovanni.

Therefore, he has the right that personal information and content relating to him not be disclosed without his permission.

One source said: Sun“It raises the question: what is he hiding? This is not a good situation.”

The source added: “The BBC will have looked at the footage and will have considered whether they can edit out the parts in which he appears.”

“After talking with him, they decided, at his request, to forego it entirely. Ironically, Giovanni’s camp gave the impression that it was his idea to have cameras monitoring the rehearsals, even though Amanda’s friends insist it was her.”

It was reported this weekend that rehearsal tapes between Amanda and Giovanni will not be released to the actress after she demanded proof of her bullying claims.

It was reported this weekend that rehearsal tapes between Amanda and Giovanni will not be released to the actress after she demanded proof of her bullying claims.

Earlier this week it was reported that male celebrities had joined the group of women complaining about Giovanni's behaviour (pictured here with his former dance partner Ranvir Singh).

Earlier this week it was reported that male celebrities had joined the group of women complaining about Giovanni’s behaviour (pictured here with his former dance partner Ranvir Singh).

Amanda withdrew from the competition midway through the series, citing personal reasons, after weeks of rumors about a feud with Giovanni.

The Sherlock star said he had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and demanded to be shown footage of rehearsals.

Amanda has previously denied reports that Giovanni had asked the BBC to film her rehearsals with her after becoming increasingly concerned about her behaviour, insisting it was she, not Giovanni, who asked to film their dance practice.

She told the Daily Mail: “I was the one who asked to record it. Giovanni is mean. He has done horrible things to some of us, to our group.”

Since suddenly quitting the show midway through the final series, Amanda has spoken out about how the experience has destroyed her life.

In January, she claimed she suffered post-traumatic stress disorder after training with Giovanni, and later claimed she suffered a bruised leg during training.

“You have no idea how awful this is,” she said. “Giovanni’s fans have started trolling me. I’ve had to quit social media and I’m getting death threats.”

In January, Amanda claimed she suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder after working with Giovanni, and later allegedly bruised her leg during training.

In January, Amanda claimed she suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder after working with Giovanni, and later allegedly bruised her leg during training.

The actress also claimed that she complained about Giovanni’s attitude soon after the series began: “I went to the producers very early on and told them about Giovanni,” she said.

And she lamented the consequences: “All of this was because I didn’t enjoy the TV show. All of this was because I didn’t enjoy the show.”

Amanda has led the charge against him for his “problematic behaviour” during training and is now in talks with the BBC about possible workplace misconduct.

Despite the furore, judge chair Shirley Ballas has defended the criticised professional dancers and will host several dance classes in London next month.

The one-day event, titled “Balland”, will be hosted by Shirley, Giovanni and Anton du Beke, who will share their expertise with fans.

Details of exactly what Giovanni is alleged to have done have yet to be revealed, but the BBC has issued an unprecedented statement about the controversy.

A Strictly spokesman said: “When a complaint is made to the BBC we review the facts, assess whether there is a case to respond to and, if appropriate, what steps to take and take any necessary action.”

“All of this falls within the BBC’s duty of care to everyone involved in a complaint, which applies to both the person who makes the complaint and the person about whom the complaint is made.”

“We know that our shows have been a positive experience for many of our attendees, but we will always respond to any issues raised sensitively, fairly and with consideration for all involved.”

A source familiar with the matter said the BBC had been under pressure from Amanda’s team to say publicly that it was she who had requested the rehearsals be filmed.

A source said: “It’s absolutely awful. Amanda wanted the BBC to set the record straight and back up her version of events.”

“But of course she can’t do that. If she doesn’t like what she’s being told, she’ll just yell.”

The Sicilian dancer is accused of

The Sicilian dancer is accused of “threatening and abusive behaviour” while performing with celebrity contestants on the show (pictured with Laura Whitmore in 2016).

Despite the furore, judges' chair Shirley Ballas has defended the criticised professionals and will host some dance classes in London next month with Anton du Beke.

Despite the furore, judges’ chair Shirley Ballas has defended the criticised professionals and will host some dance classes in London next month with Anton du Beke.

Giovanni’s absence from the line-up was revealed when the BBC announced the names of the professional players who will be appearing this year.

This season sees the return of Amy Dowden, who was treated for breast cancer last year, and stars Diane Buswell, Nadia Bychkova, Graziano Di Prima, Karen Hauer, Katya Jones, Neil Jones, Nikita Kuzmin, Gorka Marquez and Ruba Mushtuk.

Joining them on the dance floor will be Jovita Pristal, Johannes Radebe, Kai Widdrington, Nancy Xu, Carlos Goo, Lauren Oakley, Michelle Tsiakas and Vito Coppola.

The BBC also confirmed the return of judges Shirley Ballas, Motsi Mabuse, Craig Revel Horwood and Anton du Beke.

Executive producer Sarah James said in a statement: “This year marks 20 years of Strictly entertaining the nation and we’re celebrating in style with our incredible team both on and off screen as we return in a big way in September.”

Further details, including new celebrity contestants competing in 2024, will be announced in the coming days.

#Giovanni #Pernice #return #Strictly #Dancing #workplace #misconduct #investigation #BBC #announces



Credit