(CNN) — So, you’ve got reached the tip of CNN Journey’s quiz and also you’re prepared for the solutions, proper?
Hopefully that is the case. When you’re right here to cheat by sneaking a number of clues to make your self look smarter, then we perceive. However c’mon! You are higher than that.
Both approach, we hope you loved it.
OK, let’s get on with the solutions:
1. Which of those cities has not hosted the Summer time Olympics? Reply: b. Madrid
2. Determine the town skylines:
Solutions: 1. Los Angeles, 2. Sydney, 3. Shanghai, Four Berlin
3. Which metropolis has the world’s second oldest metro rail system? Reply: Budapest
4. Determine the nation from its second capital metropolis? Solutions: a. Czech Republic; b. Sri Lanka; c. Malaysia; d. Chile
5. Through which metropolis is the world’s tallest constructing? Reply: The 828-meter Burj Khalifa is in Dubai
6. Determine the town from the place of worship:
Solutions: 1. Reykjavik (the Hallgrímskirkja); 2. Istanbul (Sultan Ahmed Mosque, or Blue Mosque); 3. Barcelona (Sagrada Família); 4. Moscow (St. Basil’s)
7. Which metropolis has the world’s oldest Chinatown? Reply: c. Manila
8. Determine the town from the identify of its airport: a. Boston; b. Doha; c. Johannesburg; d. Jakarta
9. Title the world’s highest capital metropolis: La Paz, Bolivia (at an elevation of approx. 3,640 meters above sea degree)
10. Which locations are extensively considered the world’s solely three sovereign metropolis states? Reply: Monaco, Singapore, Vatican Metropolis
2. Earlier than the Covid-19 pandemic, what was the world’s busiest airport when it comes to passengers? Reply: e. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta
3. Determine the airways by their tailfin logos: 1. Qantas; 2. South African Airways; 3. Aeroflot; 4. Air New Zealand; 5. Qatar Airways; 6. Lufthansa; 7. Turkish Airways; 8. Hawaiian Airways
Air Pressure One in Daytona Seaside, Florida, in February 2020.
Chris Graythen/Getty Photos
6. Which route — north, east, south or west — would you journey between these airports recognized solely by their codes? a. LAX to HNL (West — Los Angeles to Honolulu); b. LGA to MCO (South — New York to Orlando); c. LHR to JNB (South — London to Johannesburg); d. BKK to PVG (North — Bangkok to Shanghai); e. ARN to SVO (East — Stockholm to Russia).
7. Match the large airplane to its nickname:
Reply: 1. The large Antonov An-225 is also referred to as Mriya, or “Dream“; 2. The Boeing 747 is named the Queen of the Skies; 3. Airbus’s A300-600ST cargo airplane is also referred to as Beluga, for the whale it resembles; 4. The Airbus A380, the world’s greatest passenger jet, is also referred to as the superjumbo
8. Which airline had essentially the most plane firstly of 2020? Reply: b. American Airways
9. Why is three the magic quantity for the Hawker Siddeley HS-12, the Tupolev Tu-154, the Lockheed L-1-1011 and the Boeing 727? Reply: They’re all tri-jets, powered by three major jets. Try the Boeing 727 under, with an engine mounted within the tail fin.
Folks collect in Seattle, Washington, for the primary view of the brand new Boeing 727 jet airliner on December 1, 1962.
AFP by way of Getty Picture
10. What aviation first did Amelia Earhart obtain in 1928? Reply: She grew to become the primary lady to cross the Atlantic by airplane.
1. The place can you discover these pyramids?
Solutions: 1. Sudan; 2. Egypt; 3. Mexico; 4. Rome
2. Which is the world’s largest island? Reply: Greenland
3. Which nation is residence to Europe’s largest pure desert? Reply: Spain
4. Match the picture to the US Nationwide Park:
Solutions: 1. Yellowstone; 2. Grand Canyon; 3. Yosemite; 4. Canyonlands
5. Are you able to identify the oceans that make up the so-called seven seas? Solutions: The Arctic Ocean, the North Atlantic Ocean, South Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the North Pacific Ocean, the South Pacific Ocean, the Southern Ocean.
7. Match these desert oddities to their areas:
Getty Photos/Plan South America/Barry Neild
8. Which is the one one of many world’s 10 longest rivers to stream northward? Reply: The Nile
10. Which place receives essentially the most annual rainfall: Reply: b. Mawsynram, India
2. Match the picture to the New York Bridge:
Solutions: 1. Queensboro, 2. Manhattan, 3. Brooklyn, 4. Williamsburg
3. Which towering French engineer designed the Bolivar Bridge in Peru, the Truong Tien Bridge in Vietnam and the Imbaba Bridge in Egypt? Reply: Gustave Eiffel
5. Match the picture to the London bridge.
6. What would occur for those who tried to cross France’s Rhône River on the Pont d’Avignon? Reply: You’d get moist. The stays of this medieval bridge solely prolong partway over the water after collapsing within the 17th century.
7. Are you able to determine the next well-known bridges?
Solutions: 1. Sydney Harbor Bridge, 2. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, 3. Ponte Vecchio, Florence; 4. Millau Viaduct, France
8. Which two continents are related by the Yavuz Sultan Selim Bridge? Reply: Asia and Europe. The bridge spans the narrows of the Bosphorus in Istanbul.
3. Are you able to determine the nation from the traditional dessert?
5. The world’s “happiest nation” additionally consumes essentially the most espresso per capita. Title the nation? Reply: Finland [Those thirsty Finns are said to get through 12 kilograms each on an annual basis]
7. Are you able to match these 4 British dishes to their names?
8. Kartoffelknoedel, xiaolongbao, manti and pierogi are all sorts of what? Reply: Dumplings
9. What colour or colours is Neapolitan ice-cream? Solutions: Pink (strawberry), brown (chocolate) and white (vanilla)
1. What do Colombia, Sao Tome & Principe, Gabon, Uganda, Maldives and Kiribati all have in widespread? Reply: All of them lie on the Equator
3. Which nation has essentially the most official languages? Reply: Zimbabwe [It has 16, according to Guinness World Records. These include: Chewa, Chibarwe, English, Kalanga, Koisan, Nambya, Ndau, Ndebele, Shangani, Shona, sign language, Sotho, Tonga, Tswana, Venda and Xhosa]
4. 4 pink, white and blue flags, 4 totally different international locations. Title them.
Solutions: 1. Netherlands, 2. France, 3. Thailand, 4. Russia
5. What occurred in Samoa and Tokelau on December 30, 2011? Reply: Nothing, this present day formally by no means occurred right here. [Samoa and Tokelau skipped an entire day to change from one time zone to another]
7. Determine these international locations from their outlines
Solutions: 1. Greece, 2. Mexico, 3. Thailand, 4. Egypt
8. Which is the world’s latest nation? South Sudan
9. These frontiers divide areas claimed by which pairs of nations? Solutions: a. The Line of Management = India and Pakistan; b. The Demilitarized Zone = South and North Korea; c. The 49th Parallel = Canada and america
10. Which nation is surrounded to the north, east and south by Senegal? Reply: Gambia
1. Title the adventurer in Jules Verne’s 1872 novel “Across the World in 80 Days.” Reply: Phileas Fogg
2. Which 4 locations have Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon visited in 4 collection of “The Journey?” Solutions: The UK, Italy, Spain, Greece
4. Whose fictional campaign took him from Utah to Portugal, Venice, Austria, Berlin after which Petra? Reply: Indiana Jones [In “Indiana Jones and the last Crusade”]
5. What document did US journalist Nellie Bly break in 1890? Reply: She grew to become the primary particular person to journey all over the world in underneath 80 days. [She managed it in 72 days]
7. Norwegian Thor Heyerdahl conquered what private worry to cross the Pacific Ocean on his Kon-Tiki balsa wooden raft in 1947? Reply: He was afraid of water after almost drowning as a baby.
9. Why would not Dora the Explorer put on Boots? As a result of Boots is her monkey companion and that is no approach to deal with a good friend
10. Right here she is in India in 1983, however which nation has Queen Elizabeth II visited extra instances than some other? Reply: Canada
1. Actor Stanley Tucci has proved his awesomeness by exhibiting the web tips on how to make the proper Negroni. His recipe requires double the standard amount of which liquor? Reply: Gin
2. In “The Satan Wears Prada,” Tucci’s character Nigel is missed for the job of Runway journal’s inventive director. Which metropolis is he in when he finds out? Reply: a. Paris
3. Tucci has been concerned in making a brand new journey collection with CNN trying on the meals of which nation? Reply: c. Italy
4. Within the 2004 film “The Terminal,” Tucci performs Frank Dixon, the customs chief making an attempt to stop Tom Hanks’ character from residing in his airport. Which airport is the film set in? Reply: New York’s JFK
5. Does Tucci desire his Negroni straight up or on the rocks? Reply: Straight up
Let’s watch Tucci do his factor another time:
Actor Stanley Tucci takes to Instagram to point out off his bartending abilities with a video of himself educating followers tips on how to make the proper Negroni.